Friday, January 2, 2015

T Minus 27 Hours

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
--Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!

As an English major, I've read books from a variety of authors, writing styles, places, and time periods. And yet, as I search for inspiration for my travels (and how to begin my stereotypical female study-abroad travel blog), I find most apt the words of one Dr. Seuss. I have brains in my head. I have feet in my shoes (of which I've packed way too many pairs). I am the one who is deciding where to go. And for starters, I'm heading to Bordeaux, France. TOMORROW! 

While much logistical preparation has gone into my fast-approaching departure, I do not think there is much that can prepare me for the world that awaits me when the wheels touch down on the runway in Bordeaux. I know what I know, and as of right now, I don't know much! Maybe that's the best way to do these sorts of things. Maybe it's best I don't know what I'm doing. This way, all I can do is dive in and be a sponge, soaking up each new experience everyday. 

“You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!” 

I'm going, Dr. Seuss, I'm going!

No comments:

Post a Comment